Sunday 7 July 2013

My new fish

I bought a new fish off an auction site last week. It was a silver shark and its about 8 inches long and was a bargain!! He has settled right in as these like to be in a shoal he has decided he is now a Clown Loach as I have got a small group of these. In the future I do plan to get a few more silver sharks for it so he has got some of his own.
I have got a Trigon 190 so knew my tank is big enough at the moment but next year I'm hoping to upgrade to a 6ft tank to fit in the same place my tank is in at the moment. I so cant wait to see them in it and get some more fish's for it but will have to wait until the tank has matured enough for more fish than what I have got.
I actually had some eggs off the angels two days ago which now means I have definitely got a pair of angels so I just feel sorry for the one left out now. Unfortunately the pair ate the eggs which is quite common in a community tank as this happened quite frequently in my Mum and Dad's tank.
I have also got a trio of bristle nose plec's with two of their babies but these have never breed in my tank yet so I'm still hopping they may do in the future.
I have got a fake Giraffe in my tank who is getting fatter and bigger but is nearly at his full length which I love as he is so different with his markings and they have a wide mouth which is strangely cute. He loves sifting through the sand looking for food.
The next fish I would like in the future probably in the bigger tank are knife fish which are so interesting to watch swimming as they move so differently, some more different  sorts of plec's as you can get some amazing colours in these, elephant nose which love sand too and have a trunk like face and maybe some nice cichlid's with already having the angels that are in the cichlid family.

No comments:

Post a Comment